Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This entry tries too hard.



Let me strike a match on all my wasted time:
As far as I'm concerned you're just another picture to burn


There is something oddly endearing about Taylor Swift.

Her lyrics are written for an average fourteen-year-old with average fourteen-year-old drama of hearing about her black-eyeliner-sporting friends doing sexual acts in the mall bathroom and oh my gosh I can't even get a date with the boy I like because he is a secret Myspace whore and talks to girls who are clearly fat and only look good in their pictures!? Her lyrics are pretty much Easy Bake AIM profiles. They belong right below "ii WANT a B0Y Wh0 CaLLsZ m3 BEaUtiFuL WhEn ii Am WEaRiNG SwEatTPaNtSz" and above a funny, indirect quote from a friend that borders on cyberbullying and looks like this:

JaNe D0E x3: she looks like pete wentz lolol

Okay, maybe I'm bitter about my early teenage years. Maybe I'm getting carried away. But I really do appreciate the music of Taylor Swift. I think her voice is really pretty, and her songs are catchy. Her lyrics say directly what she wants to say, and when she does use similes and metaphors they are comprehensible. Also, I saw her Signature guitar model from Taylor, and, to quote a friend, it is NICE.

Anyway, now I am 19 years old. I just got on my summer break less than 12 hours ago. I am sitting in my room freezing my legz off playing "Picture to Burn" on my guitar and singing loudly. HOWPATHETICISTHAT.

So if y'all are ever feeling romantically downtrodden, take solace in the music of Taylor Swift, because at any age (not just fifteen), if somebody tells you they love you, you want to believe them. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment